This is one of my family’s favorite dishes. Leftovers don’t last long!
- 1 lb. organic baby spinach (Approx.)
- 1 dozen eggs (Approx.) Use free range, organic eggs whenever possible
- the largest onion you can find
- olive oil for sautéing the onions
- sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- toasted sesame seeds on top to garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté the onion until caramelized.
- While the onions are sautéing, chop the spinach and place in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add the caramelized onions to the spinach and mix well.
- Add sea salt and pepper (to taste) and mix well.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well. The mixture should have enough of the egg mixture to cover the spinach mixture. At this point, you might need to add additional egg. Another option would be to add the spinach mixture to the egg mixture a little bit at a time while continuing to mix it. This allows you to make sure that the spinach mixture is well covered with egg. Also, make sure to mix it really well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden-brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top to garnish.
- Cut into squares prior to serving.