Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2-3 apples
- 2-3 peaches or pears
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound fresh ginger root
- Wash, core and chop fruit into slices or chunks.
- Place in a large saucepan with 1/3 cup of water. Add the maple syrup and raisins.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook for another 10 minutes, until soft.
- While fruit is cooking, place chopped nuts in a skillet over medium heat and toast, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over the nuts and add ginger, but keep stirring since the honey can easily burn.
- Top warm fruit with toasted nuts and enjoy!