Food Focus: Collard Greens
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-40 minutes (depending on cookware)
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 bunch of fresh collard greens (chopped)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- fresh garlic (as much as you want)
- olive oil
- soup broth (vegetable or chicken broth)
- salt & pepper to taste (we used smoke-seasoned salt)
- red chili flakes to taste
- tabasco to taste
- Sauté minced garlic in olive oil (medium heat)
- Add thinly sliced onions (I used red onions for better nutrition. See Bali Food Plan)
- When the onions are starting to soften, add the collard greens.
- Add a few ounces of broth
- Season to taste with either Himalayan sea salt or a smoked-seasoned salt.
- Add a sprinkle of red chili flakes.
- Cover the pot and once steam has built up, reduce the temperature to low heat. (I used an InstantPot and used the “steam” setting for 20 minutes.
- Add tabasco to taste before serving