Prep Time: 10 minute
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 2 cups of pre-cooked beans (black, pinto, red, kidney – your choice)
- 1 bunch greens (collard, bok choy, kale, spinach – your choice)
- Your favorite toppings, such as salsa, avocado or guacamole and sour cream
1. In a medium saucepan, heat drained beans. Add your favorite seasonings, if desired.
2. Fill a separate medium saucepan with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
3. Wash and chop greens (you can use the stems, too) and add to boiling water.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes until greens are bright green and tender. Drain off water.
5. On a plate, arrange a portion of the greens, top with a portion of the beans and finish with toppings of your choice.