Recipe: Zucchini & Mushroom No-Pasta Lasagna
The other night, my hubby and I decided to experiment with a pasta-less lasagna. It was so good that we decided to make it again last night.
Here’s how we made a zucchini & mushroom lasagna. I have not yet experimented with adding other veggies to the recipe, but I will. It was a yummy, repeatable recipe.
- 16 oz. zucchini squash
- 8 oz. container of mushrooms
- 2 cups (16 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz. shredded cheese (The first time we made this, we used shredded mozzarella cheese. This time we used a shredded cheese blend. They were both good.)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Sea Salt & seasonings to taste
- Rub the butter on the bottom of an 8″ x 8″ square pyrex baking dish.
- Add zucchini strips, mushrooms, pasta sauce, and shredded cheese in layers. I criss-crossed the zucchini layers. Since I was on a time crunch and did not have time to prepare homemade pasta sauce, I bought a 16-oz. jar of organic pasta sauce. (Low sodium, no sugar added, so it needed a sprinkle of himalayan sea salt and some 6-pepper blend, for added flavor.)
- Repeat the layers as follows: zucchini. mushroom, spaghetti sauce, cheese – the last layer is the cheese layer (I added the remaining sliced mushrooms as garnish).
- Bake at 400 F for approximately 30 minutes (the temperature and baking time can vary.