Savory Tahini Sauce
(This recipe appeared in the November, 2010 issue of A Healthy You.)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- minced pinch of cayenne (to your taste)
- In a bowl briskly whisk together the tahini and water until combined. It will look separated at first: just keep whisking!
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Adjust flavors to your taste.
- Add additional water if you want it thinner.
- Serve over grains and greens.
Note: Tahini sauce keeps refrigerated for up to one week.