(This recipe appeared in the December, 2010 issue of A Healthy You).
This recipe is an eye-opener for those who find sweet potatoes cloyingly sweet or those who are tired of eating them smothered in marshmallows and brown sugar. Japanese sweet potatoes, with their pale flesh and delicate flavor, are a treat if you can find them. Yum, yum, yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Time: 30-40 minutes
• 4 sweet potatoes
• 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
• 2-3 limes
• butter or olive oil, salt (optional)
1. Wash the sweet potatoes and bake them whole, in their skins, at 375 degrees until tender, about 40 minutes.
2. Wash and chop cilantro leaves.
3. When sweet potatoes are done, slit open the skin and place on serving plate.
4. Season with salt and dots of butter or a sprinkle of oil, if you like, then squeeze fresh lime juice all over, and shower with cilantro leaves.
*Suggestion – Whenever possible, use organic potatoes, cilantro, lime, butter, extra virgin olive oil