Thanksgiving 2016 is unlike any other Thanksgiving so far. We, as a Nation, are growing and changing. The changes that we are witnessing are significant.
As we enter the Holiday Season, many of us a breathing a sigh or relief. We are grateful that the sordid election is over. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that everyone is happy with the results. What I am saying is that we, as a Nation, have grown weary of the nastiness of the politics within the Establishment. We are no longer asleep.
For most of my friends and acquaintances, there was no clear choice. Many of us voted ‘against’ candidates as opposed to ‘for’ a candidate.
Here’s my take on this.
- We live in the most amazing country in the world.
- I am grateful for this Nation.
- I am grateful to the Founding Fathers (& Mothers)
- I am grateful for the Independent Media, without whom many of us would have been totally unprepared for the election results. The mainstream media failed us. We must demand a return of true journalism: Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- I recognize that there is a huge division in our Country. I suggest that we recognize that if we want to change the way things are, we must begin the change within ourselves. No finger pointing. We allowed this nastiness to happen.
- As the light shines and the truth is revealed, all the nasty and ugly things become visible. There are acts of hatred and intolerance occurring in our communities. It’s as if, we have woken up the sleeping rabid animal. Love only wins when we increase love in our lives.
- What we focus on becomes our reality. If we continue to complain about Hillary or Trump, we are actually activating their energy more. It’s kind of like when a toddler throws a tantrum or a teenager rebels. Oftentimes, it’s because they want attention. Any attention. Negative attention trumps zero attention. Let’s instead vow to become active in the causes in which we believe.
- Whenever we hear a news story or read an article, we should ask ourselves: What is this they want me to believe & why? Asking “WHY?” is one of the most powerful tools we have. There are a lot of “fake” news available. It is up to us to discern what is true. If we expect FaceBook or any other entity to make this decision for us, we are giving up our power. It is also the same as censorship.
- A Free Media is imperative for us to retain our Freedom.
Many of these items were discussed by my dear co-host and I on our podcast this past Monday. I invite you to listen to it and would very much appreciate your comments. (Thanks to my dear Joyceeh-Pooh for summarizing the show for us.)
As always, I am grateful for my loved ones. I am grateful for you. And above all, I am grateful to our Creator for the blessings of all that is.
Happy Thanksgiving Day.